Quality Hosting, where to find?
There are literaly hundreds of webhosting companies and some vanish as quickly as they appear, so unless we are talking about really low amounts I don't advise pre-paying for long periods before you really trust that company. In the past I've been burned many times, nowadays I'm much more careful. I created this website so that anyone can learn with my mistakes, I don't promote any webhosting companies based on how much they pay (affiliate commissions) like many TOP web hosting sites.
How to start? First of all don't get caught on the unlimited diskspace and bandwith marketing ploys, you should know that there are other important factors you need to pay attention. Which ones?
- Customer Support quality
- Uptime / Downtime percentage
- CPU Usage Limits (% or seconds)
- Max SQL Concurrent Connections
- Number of customers per server
- Server specs (CPU/Memory/Disk)
- Service level agreement and terms
- Data Center Infrastructure
And a few questions you should make:
- Shared, VPS or Dedicated Services ?
- Managed or UnManaged WebHosting ?
- Operating System type (Linux or Windows) ?